Cast Gallery catalogue number: D095
At the top Zeus and, below on two levels, Mnemosyne with the nine Muses, and Apollo, to the left under the archway. At the bottom, Homer receives a sacrifice from a group of literary personifications: Myth, History, Poetry, Tragedy, Comedy. At the middle right, a statue of a victorious poet.
- Plaster cast: Height: 1.16m.
- Copy of a marble relief.
- The marble:
- is known as the Archelaos Relief.
- dates from the late 3rd or 2nd century BC.
- Homer from a prize-winning poet.
- was found at Boville in central Italy in the mid 16th century.
- was formerly in Palazzo Colonna until 1819.
- is now in London, British Museum, 2191.