202879, ATHENIAN, Amherst (MA), Amherst College, Philadelphia (PA), market, 1957.66
- Vase Number: 202879
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: KRATER, COLUMN
- Date: -500 to -450
- Attributed To: HARROW P by BEAZLEY
- Decoration: A: ATHLETES, JUMPING, AND TRAINER, STELE, SPONGE AND STRIGIL SUSPENDED
B: COURTING, DRAPED MAN LEANING ON STAFF AND DRAPED YOUTH
- Current Collection: Amherst (MA), Amherst College: 1957.66
- Previous Collections:
- Philadelphia (PA), market
- Publication Record: Beazley, J.D., Attic Red-Figure Vase-Painters, 2nd edition (Oxford, 1963): 274.43
Beazley, J.D., Paralipomena (Oxford, 1971): 353
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=122
- AVI Record Number: 121
- CAVI Collection: Amherst, Mead Art Museum 1957.66.
- CAVI Lemma: RF column krater. Harrow Painter. Early fifth.
- CAVI Subject: A: two jumpers; in the center, trainer; to his right, pillar. B: draped man
with stick, and draped youth.
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: I think there are some letters on the pillar, in BG, down; can see,
perhaps: [κα]λο[ς] or κ̣α̣λος̣.
- CAVI Number: 0121
- AVI Bibliography: Allen (1957), no. 68. — ARV (1963), 274/43. — NNN (1967), Archaeology, 20:
8, below. — Para. (1971), 353. — Neils (1992a), 164/29, figs. on p. 81 (A, B)
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address http://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/DE208F52-8D96-4182-AE8E-7DBCAE2475BE